Tuesday, August 14, 2007

British Airways Lost Luggage -- BAG RECOVERED!!

I am *so* delighted and almost giddy to say that our lost suitcase has come home in one piece, unharmed!!!!

No, British Airways didn't do anything for us. T spent a few sleep-deprived days at airport terminals, baggage claim areas, bugging staff and baggage handlers. Not to mention the trans-America and trans-Atlantic and trans-British-Channel flights that he took in less than 100 hours.

More to come (by the end of this week): T's journey, what he found out about how bags are handled in LHR, and pics of some lost (or even tagless) luggage that might be yours. For now, we're re-orienting ourselves for work, filling up with American burgers, and finally sleeping sound at night.

I even woke up giggling from my dreams last night. No, I'm really not kidding.

L.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I wrote to you a few days ago. Please post your story and any advice on how you went about recovering your suitcase. By the way, I am located in Northern California.

Anonymous said...

If possible, please post names and contact information for people you spoke to me at LHR. How did you get access to the baggage area? Were you allowed to search for your suitcase yourself? Were bribes involved (seriously)? Any information that you can provide would be appreciated in how you retrieved your suitcase at LHR. I read a few days ago that BA auctions off suitcases after ninety days - that is despicable behavior! (same anonymous No. CA post)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.