Friday, August 10, 2007

British Airways Lost Luggage -- Our Search Begins

Aug 10, 2007: We've been calling British Airways religiously, 2-3 times a day, to check on the status on our lost bag. No updates. I still feel devastated... Every morning I called, and every time they told me there was no news on my bag. And then I grew agitated, anxious, and I would begin to think of all the things in the bag that I have treasured so much over the years... The necklace that T gave me in the staircase of his dorm that one morning, that we lost for months and found inside my skirt's pocket... the caramels I bought from L'Etoile d'Or... and my notebook with the SAS notes that I took for over 18 months!! I sat at my desk and tried to work, but I couldn't even get my mind together... I felt like I could not write SAS codes without my notebook. I froze, I fidgeted, and then I cried.

Today, T began his trip to London Heathrow Airport and Brussels Airport with the hope of recovering our bag. We hope that it is perhaps tagless and lying somewhere inside one of the two airports; instead of being grabbed from the unattended conveyor belt (thanks to British Airways' negligence), or damaged and trashed, or being stolen by some heartless workers, or having fallen off the truck to Milan. Please stop me from ruminating...

When we called this morning, an agent informed us that "the management" has gotten involved to send a message (not a Telex we were told) to all 3 airports about our bag on Aug 8... It's been 2 days and there's been no answers. Another agent (Brendan) told me that the chances of the bag being a total loss is high. I'm speechless. Please wish us (esp. T) luck.

Please wish T many safe flights in the mean time. We will be posting updates on his journey.

P.S. And even if the bag doesn't come back to me, I will be content with the fact that there is a wonderful, respectable man who is willing to cross the Atlantic and find my bag. I love T.

L.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, where are you located? I am coming up on 3 weeks with a missing bag. I've been told (after countless calls to BA) that it is still at Terminal 1 in Heathrow but no one seems to know if and when it will be sent out. I'm looking forward to hearing if your trip to Heathrow is successful. I have thought of doing the same thing.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

We're located in California so it's a real stretch to travel to London and Brussels just to look for the bag. We'll be posting updates about T's trip soon, so keep checking back.

Good luck with your bag -- you're actually in a better position than we are -- at least they know where your bag physically is!

L

Unknown said...

Hi. Very sad story. I guess you should post these things in Orkut also so that more people will get to know about it.