Friday, August 3, 2007

British Airways Lost Luggage -- How to call British Airways on cheap

OK I promised to write about calling BA cheap (free in fact if you have a decent internet connection). YES you guessed it: VOIP. My choice is Skype.

How (I hope no one will end up large hotel phone bill anymore):
1. since you can't call BA baggage number at London, you can call the ones oversea.
2. I choose to call the USA one since there's where I live.
3. It's free if you are within USA (1-800 numbers)
4. While oversea (not in USA), calling 1-800 numbers is actually free using Skype. At least my Skype account didn't deduct any $$ from calling 1-800 number oversea.
5. If in a hotel, buy the 24 hour internet package. It will be cheaper calling VOIP then calling directly using the hotel phone.

Now I spill the beans, I hope there is not a significant longer wait for me calling BA. Otherwise I will be mad and delete this post (kidding). Actually people can try calling their native 1-800 numbers (free toll numbers) using Skype, it can be free too.

T

No comments: